Emma Timmis is a woman with extremely itchy feet and a burning desire to discover what adventure lies around the next corner. The first woman to run almost 1500 miles of South Africa’s Freedom Trail, Emma has also cycled across Malawi, run 2500 miles from Namibia to Mozambique, and - an advocate for adventures not needing to cost the earth - she has also roller-skated across The Netherlands, just for fun!
Emma describes herself as just a normal person who believes awesome adventures are within all our grasps. Listen-up and get inspired!
- Why Emma wanted to be the first woman to run South Africa’s Freedom Trail.
- Mistakes made along the way.
- How to juggle a full-time job with a desire to explore the world.
- Not being super-human!
- The importance of running for pleasure.
- Running across Africa, from Namibia to Mozambique.
- Physical effects of running a marathon every day for three months.
- How to persevere whilst in pain – ‘Pain is just pain; it doesn’t last.’
- Consequences of her support team breaking-down.
- The anti-climax of completing her run across Africa.
- Lack of women participants in adventuring.
- Why you don’t need money to have an adventure.