Liv Williams, adventurer, film-maker and author, joins Victoria on the Off the Ropes podcast to discuss her beautiful and thought-provoking new book, ‘Chasing the Elements’ which explores the mind-set, heart and soul of extreme sports people from the world of BMX, surfing, free-diving, skate-boarding, free-running and more!
This conversation is so much more than a book promotion! Liv radiates wisdom and compassion and will leave you wondering why you’re here and how your life can impact the world. Hear Liv describe her adventurous childhood, her struggles with choosing the right career path, how she coped with stress and fear whilst documentary making in Iraq and Nepal, and how her path led her to peeking into the minds of some of the world’s most inspiring extreme sports’ stars!
* Liv’s idyllic childhood in Wales.
* The quest of finding identity.
* Difficulty in choosing a career path.
* Liv’s passion for the outdoors.
* Documentary making in conflict zones.
* Why Liv doesn’t experience fear.
* The importance of embracing vulnerability.
* The benefits of connecting with nature.
* Why she wanted to delve into the ‘heart and soul’ of extreme sports.
* What commonality she identified in the athletes & performers she interviewed.
* How her experiences have changed her.